Formula for Semicircle Perimeter
The universal formula to calculate the perimeter of a semicircle is provided here.
Perimeter of Semicircle = (π + 2) * r
Where, r is the radius of the semicircle.
How to solve Perimeter of a Semicircle?
Following the simple steps to solve the semicircle perimeter effortlessly in less amount of time. Check out them and follow whenever required.
- Take the radius of semicircle.
- The formula to check the Perimeter of Semicircle is Perimeter = (π + 2) * radius.
- Substitute the given radius value in the above formula.
- Also, put π values as 3.14 in the formula.
- Simplify the obtain expression to get the perimeter.
Example of Calculating Perimeter of Semicircle
Question: Find perimeter of a semicircle of radius 24 cm?
Radius of semicircle (r) = 24 cm
Perimeter of a Semicircle = (π + 2) * r
Put the radius value in the formula.
Perimeter = (π + 2) * 24
Substitute constant π value in the above equation
Perimeter = (3.14 + 2) * 24
= 5.14 * 24
∴ Semicircle perimeter of radius 24 cm is 123.36 cm.
Stay connected to our website Areavolumecalculator.com to get area, volume, and perimeter of various geometric shapes easily & quickly.
Frequently Asked Questions on Semicircle Perimeter
1. How do you define perimeter of a semicircle?
Semicircle is formed when a line passing through the center and that joins two ends on a circle. Perimeter of a semicircle is the sum of the half of the circumference of circle and its diameter. As we know that, perimeter of circle is 2πr or πd. So, perimeter of a semicircle is 1/2 (πd) +d or πr +2r. Formula is
Perimeter of a Semicircle = d (1/2 π + 1) or r (π + 1)
Where, r is the radius and d is the diameter.
2. What is the perimeter of a semicircle with a diameter of 12 cm?
Given diameter of semicircle = 12 cm
Semicircle Perimeter = 1/2 (πd) +d
= 1/2 (π * 12) + 12
= 6 * π + 12
= 6 * 3.14 + 12
= 18.84 + 12 = 30.84
Perimeter = 30.84
3. Where can I get the process to find the perimeter of semicircle?
You can find the detailed procedure to find the semicircle perimeter by knowing radius on our page.