Area of a Kite Calculator: Using this online calculator, you can easily calculate the area of a kite in a short span of time. Students have to choose either diagonals or unequal sides and angle between them calculator from this page. Enter the input values in the respective fields and press on the calculate button to find the area of a kite instantly.
Area of a Kite Calculator (Diagonals)
Here are some samples of Area of a Kite calculations(Diagonals are given)
Area of a Kite Calculator (Unequal Sides)
Here are some samples of Area of a Kite calculations(Unequal Sides with Angle)
Area of a Kite Formulas
The formulas to find the kite area are given below. Have a look and use them to solve the kite area questions.
1. Two diagonals of kite are given,
Area of kite = ½ * e * f
e, f are the lengths of the two diagonals of a kite.
2. Unequal sides, angle between them is given.
Area = a * b * sin(α)
a, b are the lengths of two unequal sides of a kite.
α is the angle between two sides of a kite.
How to Calculate Kite Area?
You can follow the simple procedure that helps you to solve the area of a kite easily. Go through the instructions provided in the below sections.
When Diagonals of a kite are given,
- Make a note of the length of two diagonals from the question.
- Multiply the values of diagonals.
- Divide the product by 2 to get the area of a kite.
When Two sides are given,
- Observe the length of two unequal sides of a kite and angle between them.
- Find the sin of angle value.
- Get the product of two sides lengths of a kite.
- Multiply the values obtained after step 2, step 3 to get the result.
Solved Examples For Area of a Kite
Example 1: The diagonal lengths of a kite are 5 cm and 9 cm. What is the kite area?
Diagonal lengths of kite are e = 5 cm, f = 9 cm
Area of a kite = ½ * e * f
Substitute the gives values in the formula.
Area = ½ * 5 * 9
= ½ * 45
= 22.5 cm²
∴ Area of a kite is 22.5 cm².
Example 2: Find the area of a kite? The two sides of a kite are 3 cm, 5 cm and angle between the sides is 45°?
The length of sides of a kite a = 3 cm, b = 5 cm
Angle α = 45°
Area of a kite = a * b * sin(α)
Put the given values in the above formulas.
Area = 3 * 5 * sin(45°)
= 3 * 5 * (1/√2)
= 15 / √2
∴ Area of a kite is 10.60 cm².
You can easily calculate the kite area by using this calculator. If you are looking for any other geometrical calculators then have a look at Areavolumecalculator.com and explore more concepts.
Frequently Asked Questions on Kite Area
1. How do you calculate the area of a kite?
The two simple ways to find the kite area are given here. One is using the diagonals and other is using the side lengths and angle. Area of kite is half of the product of diagonals or product of sides into sin of angle.
2. A kite has an area of 144 m² and a diagonal of 18 m. What is the length of the other diagonal?
Area = 144 m², one diagonal e = 18 m
Kite area = ½ * e * f
144 = ½ * 18 * f
288 / 18 = f
Other diagonal length is 16 m.
3. What are the properties of a kite?
The four important properties of kite are two pairs of consecutive and congruent sides, two perpendicular diagonals, and non vertex angles.
4. Are kite and rhombus same?
No, kite and rhombus are different. The only unique thing in both of them is diagonals are perpendicular to each other.